See the Channel Catalog to see which Plans have access to this channel.
Google Workspace, formerly known as G Suite, is a collection of cloud computing, productivity and collaboration tools, software and products developed and marketed by Google.
How to Connect
- On the My pipelines page, click Create Pipelines.
- Search for the first step for your new pipeline. You can always add more steps later.
- To use the legacy builder, click the Pipeline Designer toggle to use the legacy version of the pipeline builder.
For more information about connections, see How to connect to a channel.
Connect to Google Workspace
- Expand Google Workspace in the list of channels and click Connect to Google Workspace.
- Review the permissions that Pipelines will receive once connected. Your permissions are based on your existing Google account. You can select specific permissions or allow all the options. Google Workspace permissions are required. You may need to scroll down to see all your permission choices. When finished click Connect to Google Workspace.
- Sign in with your Google credentials and click Authorize.
- Agree to allow Pipelines access to your Google account by clicking Allow.
Note: Your functionality and integration may be different depending on your permissions.
How to reconnect
You may need to reconnect your account to a channel. Reasons may be (but not limited to):
- If you need to connect a different account.
- Authorization updates, such as a changed password.
- Editing the access rights that Pipelines has to the channel.
- Select a pipeline that already has this channel in it.
- Open a step that contains this channel.
- Under account, select Connect (or reconnect) and follow the process above, How to connect.
The steps you can use with Google Workspace are of three types: Groups, Users, and Group Members.
Note: You cannot use jinja expressions in trigger conditions unless explicitly specified as possible.
|Trigger||Group Created||Triggers when a group is created.|
|Trigger||Group Updated||Triggers when a group is updated.|
|Trigger||Group Deleted||Triggers when a group is deleted.|
|Action||Create Group||Creates a group for a selected account and specifics the group name and email.|
|Action||Update Group||Updates a group already specified in the pipeline.|
|Action||Delete Group||Deletes a group already specified in the pipeline.|
|Query||Search Groups||Searches for a group for a selected account. You can limit the number of results.|
|Action||Fetch a Linked Group||Fetches a linked group for a selected linked resource.|
|Trigger||User Created||Triggers when a user is created.|
|Trigger||User Updated||Triggers when a user is updated.|
|Trigger||User Deleted||Triggers when a user is deleted.|
|Action||Create User||Creates a user for a selected account and specifics the user name, email, and password criteria.|
|Action||Update User||Updates a user already specified in the pipeline.|
|Action||Delete User||Deletes a user already specified in the pipeline.|
|Query||Search Users||Searches for a user for a selected account. You can limit the number of results.|
|Action||Fetch a Linked User||Fetches a linked user from a resource you specify.|
|Action||Look Up a User||Looks for a user for a selected account based on specified query.|
|Trigger||Group Member Created||Triggers when a group member is created.|
|Trigger||Group Member Updated||Triggers when a group member is updated.|
|Trigger||Group Member Deleted||Triggers when a group member is deleted.|
|Action||Add Member||Creates a group member for a selected account and group and specifics the email and role.|
|Action||Update Group Member||Updates a group member already specified in the pipeline.|
|Action||Remove Member||Removed a group member already specified in the pipeline.|
|Query||Search Group Member||Searches for a group member for a selected account. You can limit the number of results.|
|Action||Fetch a Linked Group Member||Fetches a linked group member from a resource you specify.|
|Action||Look Up a Group Member||Looks for a group member for a selected account based on specified query.|
User field values
These are the values for the user fields:
|Account||String||The Google Workplace account for the action.|
|String||The user's primary email address. This property is required in a request to create a user account. This must be unique and cannot be an alias of another user.|
Given Name - The first name.
Family Name - The last name of the user.
|Phone number||String||Phone Number|
If a hashFunction is specified, the password must be a valid hash key. The password hash base on the selected hash function, for example a SHA-1 hash string might look like:
Stores the hash format of the password property. We recommend sending the password property value as a base 16 bit hexadecimal-encoded hash value. Set the hashFunction values as either the SHA-1, MD5, or crypt hash format.
Indicates if user is suspended.
There are no known limits that impact your use in pipelines.
Examples of usage
The following is an example of a use of Google Workspace in Pipelines.
Employee onboarding and user provisioning
A new employee record, created in our Quickbase app, triggers the creation of a new user in Google Workspace.
A new employee's information is added in our Quickbase HR app.
Our pipeline, triggered by this addition, creates a user account in Google Workspace using this data.