Mailchimp is a web-based email marketing service and automation platform allowing you to create and manage mailing lists, newsletters, automated campaigns.
Please note that terms used in the Mailchimp channel categories are Mailchimp specific terminology.
On the My pipelines page, click Create a pipeline. Enter name, description, and tag fields and click the Create Pipelines button. The pipelines wizard displays:
- From the wizard you choose the connections for the first steps of your pipeline. When you choose a type, you'll add the channels and steps for your first steps. You can always add more steps later. A Triggered pipeline is started by a specific event in real-time. A Scheduled pipeline will start according to a schedule. A Manual pipeline only starts manually. Once you've completed the wizard, you'll be prompted for connection detail, if necessary. If you are an experienced builder, click the Start from scratch button and then from the right side of the page, choose the All to list all available channels.
- Expand Mailchimp in the list of channels on the right side of the page and click Connect to Mailchimp.
- In the pop-up window enter your Mailchimp API Key. If you don't know it, use the link at the bottom of the window to take you to Mailchimp to get it. When finished, click Connect to Mailchimp.
How to reconnect the Mailchimp channel
You may need to reconnect your account to a channel. Reasons may be (but not limited to):
If you need to connect a different account.
Authorization updates, such as a changed password.
Editing the access rights that Pipelines has to the channel.
- Select a pipeline that already has Mailchimp in it.
- Open a step containing Mailchimp.
- Under account, select Connect (or reconnect) and follow the process above, How to connect.
The steps you can use with Mailchimp fall into two categories: Subscribers and Email Events.
|Trigger||User Subscribed||Triggers on a new subscriber to the selected list.|
|Trigger||User Unsubscribed||Triggers when a subscriber unsubscribes from the selected list.|
|Action||Update Subscriber||Updates a list subscriber.|
|Action||Subscribe||Subscribes a user to a list.|
|Action||Unsubscribe||Unsubscribes a user from a list.|
|Query||Search Subscribers||Searches subscribers to the selected list and returns a list of subscribers.|
|Action||Fetch a Linked Subscriber||Fetches a linked subscriber.|
|Action||Look Up Subscriber||Looks up subscribers based on search criteria.|
|Trigger||On Campaign Email Activity||Triggers on new email event.|
|Query||Search Email Events||Searches the selected account for email events and returns a list.|