See the Channel Catalog to see which Plans have access to this channel.
With Google Docs, everyone can work together in the same document at the same time.
How to Connect
- On the My pipelines page, click Create Pipelines.
- Search for the first step for your new pipeline. You can always add more steps later.
- To use the legacy builder, click the Pipeline Designer toggle to use the legacy version of the pipeline builder.
For more information about connections, see How to connect to a channel.
Connect to Google Docs
- Expand Google Docs and click Connect to Google Docs.
- Review the permissions that Pipelines will receive once connected. Your permissions are based on your existing Google account. You can select specific permissions or allow all the options. Google Doc permissions are required. When finished click Connect to Google Docs.
Note: Depending on the permissions granted, integration and functionality will be affected.
- You may need to sign in with your Google credentials. This is required to set up the connection between Google Docs and Pipelines.
- Agree to allow Pipelines access to your Google account by clicking Allow.
How to reconnect
You may need to reconnect your account to a channel. Reasons may be (but not limited to):
- If you need to connect a different account.
- Authorization updates, such as a changed password.
- Editing the access rights that Pipelines has to the channel.
- Select a pipeline that already has this channel in it.
- Open a step that contains this channel.
- Under account, select Connect (or reconnect) and follow the process above, How to connect.
There is one available step you can use with Google Docs:
|Action||Replace Text in a Document||Replaces text in the selected document.|
There are no known limits for use with pipelines.
Examples of usage
The following is an example of a use of Google Doc in Pipelines.
Employee onboarding and user provisioning
A new employee record, created in our Quickbase app, triggers the creation of a new permissionsd for the new user in Google Drive.
A new employee's information is added in our Quickbase HR app.
Our pipeline, triggered by this addition, replaces text in New Employee document selected in Google Docs.