Please note that terms used in the Marketo channel categories are Marketo specific terminology.
Marketo provides marketing automation software for account-based marketing and other marketing services and products, including SEO and content creation.
- On the My pipelines page, click Create a pipeline. Enter name, description, and tag fields and click the Create Pipelines button. The pipelines wizard displays:
- From the wizard you choose the connections for the first steps of your pipeline. When you choose a type, you'll add the channels and steps for your first steps. You can always add more steps later. A Triggered pipeline is started by a specific event in real-time. A Scheduled pipeline will start according to a schedule. A Manual pipeline only starts manually. Once you've completed the wizard, you'll be prompted for connection detail, if necessary. If you are an experienced builder, click the Start from scratch button and then from the right side of the page, choose the All to list all available channels.
- Expand Marketo in the list of channels on the right side of the page and click Connect to Marketo.
- In the pop-up window, complete your Endpoint URL and supply both the Client ID and Client Secret. When finished click Connect to Marketo.
How to reconnect the Marketo channel
You may need to reconnect your account to a channel. Reasons may be (but not limited to):
If you need to connect a different account.
Authorization updates, such as a changed password.
Editing the access rights that Pipelines has to the channel.
- Select a pipeline that already has Marketo in it.
- Open a step containing Marketo.
- Under account, select Connect (or reconnect) and follow the process above, How to connect.
The steps you can use with Marketo are grouped into two categories: Custom Objects and Leads.
|Action||Create/Update a Custom Object||Creates or updates a custom object.|
|Action||Delete a Custom Object||Deletes a custom object.|
|Query||Search Custom Objects||Searches custom objects and returns a list.|
|Action||Fetch a Linked Custom Object||Fetches a linked custom object.|
|Trigger||Lead Created||Triggers when a new lead is created in the selected account.|
|Trigger||Lead Updated||Triggers when a lead is updated in the selected account.|
|Action||Create or Update a Lead||Creates or updates a lead.|
|Action||Delete a Lead||Deletes a lead in particular account.|
|Action||Add Lead to a List||Adds the selected lead to a list.|
|Action||Remove Lead from a List||Removes the selected lead from a list.|
|Query||Search Leads||Searches for leads in the selected account and returns a list.|
|Query||Search Leads in a List||
Searches for leads in the selected list and returns a list of leads.
|Action||Fetch a Linked Lead||Fetches a previously linked lead.|
|Action||Look up a Lead||Looks for a specific lead based on search criteria.|
Here are some use case examples to help you understand how to use the Marketo channel.
In this case we are using Marketo to update a Quickbase record when a new lead has been created.
- Add a Marketo Lead Created trigger step to trigger when a new lead has been created.
- Add a Quickbase Look Uo Records action to fiind the Quickbase record you want to update.
- Add a Quickbase Update Record action to update a record with the new lead information.