See the Channel Catalog to see which Plans have access to this channel.
ShipStation is a web-based, multi-carrier shipping solution for ecommerce retailers with integrations that allow you to synchronize with sales channels, shopping carts, payment gateways, and mail carriers.
Please note that terms used in the ShipStation channel categories are ShipStation specific terminology.
How to Connect
- On the My pipelines page, click Create a pipeline. Enter name, description, and tag fields and click the Create Pipelines button. The pipelines wizard displays:
- From the wizard you choose the connections for the first steps of your pipeline. When you choose a type, you'll add the channels and steps for your first steps. You can always add more steps later. A Triggered pipeline is started by a specific event in real-time. A Scheduled pipeline will start according to a schedule. A Manual pipeline only starts manually. Once you've completed the wizard, you'll be prompted for connection detail, if necessary. If you are an experienced builder, click the Start from scratch button and then from the right side of the page, choose the All to list all available channels.
Connect to ShipStation
- Expand ShipStation in the list of channels on the right side of the page and click Connect to ShipStation.
- In the pop-up window, enter both your API Key and API Secret. When the keys are entered, click Connect to ShipStation. If you do not know these items do the following:
- Go to ShipStation.com, click Login and enter your credentials.
- Once signed in, go to your profile and select API Settings.
How to reconnect
You may need to reconnect your account to a channel. Reasons may be (but not limited to):
- If you need to connect a different account.
- Authorization updates, such as a changed password.
- Editing the access rights that Pipelines has to the channel.
- Select a pipeline that already has this channel in it.
- Open a step that contains this channel.
- Under account, select Connect (or reconnect) and follow the process above, How to connect.
The steps you can use with ShipStation are grouped into five categories:
|Query||Search Products||Searches products in account based on specific criteria and returns a list.|
|Action||Look Up Product||Looks up a specific product.|
|Query||Search Carriers||Searches carriers in account and returns a list.|
|Action||Look Up Carrier||Looks up specific carriers and returns a single record.|
|Query||Search Orders||Searches orders in account based on specific criteria.|
|Action||Look Up Order||Looks up a specific order.|
|Query||Search Rates||Searches account for rates based on specific criteria.|
|Query||Search Shipments||Searches shipments made from account.|
Here are some use case examples to help you understand how to use the ShipStation channel.
In this case we are using ShipStation to update a Quickbase record when a shipment status has changed for shipments between yesterday and today.
- Add a ShipStation query step to find shipments who's shipment status has changed between yesterday and today.
- Add a Quickbase Look Up Record action to find the record we want to update.
- Add a Quickbase Updte Record action to update the record with the new ShipStation data.