Pushbullet is an app that makes connections between your devices. Using pushes, you can easily transfer links and notes from one device to another.
Pushbullet works as an browser extension and app, and is currently available for Android, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Opera. You need to install the app (Android) or extension (browsers) for the push functionality to work.
See https://www.pushbullet.com/apps to check if a specific device is supported.
How to Connect
- On the My pipelines page, click Create a pipeline. Enter name, description, and tag fields and click the Create Pipelines button. The pipelines wizard displays:
- From the wizard you choose the connections for the first steps of your pipeline. When you choose a type, you'll add the channels and steps for your first steps. You can always add more steps later. A Triggered pipeline is started by a specific event in real-time. A Scheduled pipeline will start according to a schedule. A Manual pipeline only starts manually. Once you've completed the wizard, you'll be prompted for connection detail, if necessary. If you are an experienced builder, click the Start from scratch button and then from the right side of the page, choose the All to list all available channels.
- Expand Pushbullet and click Connect to Pushbullet.
- Sign in with either Google or Facebook and approve Pipelines to use your Pushbullet profile and data. To finish click Approve.
Note: Depending on the permissions granted, integration and functionality will be affected.
How to reconnect the Pushbullet channel
You may need to reconnect your account to a channel. Reasons may be (but not limited to):
If you need to connect a different account.
Authorization updates, such as a changed password.
Editing the access rights that Pipelines has to the channel.
- Select a pipeline that already has Pushbullet in it.
- Open a step containing Pushbullet.
- Under account, select Connect (or reconnect) and follow the process above, How to connect.
The steps you can use with Pushbullet fall into two categories: Devices and Pushes.
Note: You cannot use jinja expressions in trigger conditions unless explicitly specified as possible.
|Trigger||Device Created||Triggers when a new device is created|
|Action||Delete Device||Deletes device|
|Action||Look Up Device||Searches for device by device ID|
|Query||Search a Device||Lists all devices that fit certain criteria|
|Trigger||Push Created||Triggers when a new push is created|
|Trigger||Push Updated||Triggers when a push is dismissed|
|Action||Create Push||Creates a push|
|Action||Delete Push||Deletes a push|
|Action||Dismiss Push||Marks a push as having been dismissed by the user, will cause any notifications for the push to be hidden if possible.|
|Action||Look Up a Push||Looks up a single push by ID|
|Query||Search a Push||Lists all pushes that fit certain criteria|
When you create a push, there are some options:
- Drag the create option and create a push.
- Select the type of the push you want to create. There are two options: Note and Link.
- Depending on the option you choose, your options vary.
If you choose Note, these are your options:
If you select Note, you have available 4 fields: Device, Email, Channel Tag and Client. If you do not select a field the push will be sent to all your devices. If you select a single field, the push will be sent only to that choice.
If you choose Link, these are your options:
The following are the known limit in Pushbullet.
Free Pushbullet accounts, without a Pro subscription, are limited to 500 pushes per month. You will get an error if you exceed 500 pushes per month.
Examples of usage
The following is an example of a use of Pushbullet. In this Opportunities table in our QuickBase App:
When an Estimated Value field in the Opportunities table is updated, we want a note with the new Estimated Value to be pushed to Firefox.
First we create a trigger, Record Updated, and enter the Account and Table fields and then choose the fields to trigger.
Then we create a Push and we enter a target in the Body field.
After the pipeline runs we see these results:
and the end result is: