Jira is an issue tracking product developed by Atlassian that allows bug tracking and agile project management. For information about connecting with Pipelines Agent, see Quickbase Pipelines Agent connections.
Note: For the sprint information to be displayed, the field Issue type must be completed.
Please note that terms used in the Jira channel categories are Jira specific terminology.
- On the My pipelines page, click Create a pipeline. Enter name, description, and tag fields and click the Create Pipelines button. The pipelines wizard displays:
- From the wizard you choose the connections for the first steps of your pipeline. When you choose a type, you'll add the channels and steps for your first steps. You can always add more steps later. A Triggered pipeline is started by a specific event in real-time. A Scheduled pipeline will start according to a schedule. A Manual pipeline only starts manually. Once you've completed the wizard, you'll be prompted for connection detail, if necessary. If you are an experienced builder, click the Start from scratch button and then from the right side of the page, choose the All to list all available channels.
- Expand Jira in the list of channels on the right side of the page and click Connect to Jira.
- In the pop-up window, enter your organizations URL, your Username and Password or API token. It is recommended to leave the checkboxes unchecked. When finished click Connect to Jira.
Note: An API token can only be used if your Jira instance is cloud-based. If you are unsure if Jira is cloud-based or locally hosted, check with your Jira administrator.
How to reconnect the Jira channel
You may need to reconnect your account to a channel. Reasons may be (but not limited to):
If you need to connect a different account.
Authorization updates, such as a changed password.
Editing the access rights that Pipelines has to the channel.
- Select a pipeline that already has Jira in it.
- Open a step containing Jira.
- Under account, select Connect (or reconnect) and follow the process above, How to connect.
The steps you can use with Jira are grouped into five categories:
|Trigger||Comment Created||Triggers when a new comment is created in the selected project.|
|Trigger||Comment Updated||Triggers when a comment is updated in the selected project.|
|Action||Comment on an Issue||Creates a new comment to the selected issue.|
|Action||Update Comment||Updates a comment in a specific issue.|
|Query||Search Comments||Searches comments and returns a list.|
|Action||Fetch a Linked Comment||Fetches a linked comment.|
|Action||Look Up Comment||Searches comments and returns a single record.|
|Trigger||Issue Created||Triggers when a new issue is created in the selected project. If a project is not selected all issues in all projects are monitored for updates.|
|Trigger||Issue Updated||Triggers when an issue is updated in the selected project. If a project is not selected all issues in all projects are monitored for updates.|
|Action||Create Issue||Creates an issue in the selected project.|
|Action||Update Issue||Updates the selected issue.|
|Action||Transition Issue||Transitions the selected issue to another state.|
|Action||Delete Issue||Deletes the selected issue.|
|Action||Add Watcher||Adds a watcher to the issue.|
|Action||Remove Watcher||Removes a watcher from the issue.|
|Query||Search Issues||Searches a project and returns a list of issues.|
|Query||Search Subtasks||Lists subtasks of an issue.|
|Action||Fetch a Linked Issue||Fetches a linked issue.|
|Action||Look Up an Issue||Fetches an issue by uniquely identifying attribute.|
|Trigger||Worklog Created||Triggers when a new worklog entry is created in an issue.|
|Trigger||Worklog Updated||Triggers when a worklog is updated.|
|Trigger||Attachment Created||Triggers when an attachment is created.|
Triggers when an attachment is deleted.
|Action||Create Attachment||Creates an attachment.|
|Action||Delete Attachment||Deletes an attachment.|
|Query||Search Attachments||Searches attachments and returns a list.|
|Action||Fetch a Linked Attachment||Fetches a linked attachment.|
|Action||Look Up Attachment||Looks for an attachment and returns a single record.|
|Trigger||Project Created||Triggers when a project is created.|
|Trigger||Project Updated||Triggers when a project is updated.|
|Query||Search Projects||Searches projects and returns a list.|
|Action||Look Up project||Looks for a project and returns a single record.|
Here are some use case examples to help you understand how to use the Jira channel.
In this example, when a Quickbase form is completed, a Jira ticket is created.
- We add a Quickbase Record Created step to trigger when a new help feedback form is completed.
- Then we add a Jira Create an Issue action that takes data from the Quickbase form and creates a jira ticket to review the feedback.