Google Drive is a file storage and synchronization service which allows users to store files on their servers, synchronize files across devices, and share files.
- On the My pipelines page, click Create a pipeline. Enter name, description, and tag fields and click the Create Pipelines button. The pipelines wizard displays:
- From the wizard you choose the connections for the first steps of your pipeline. When you choose a type, you'll add the channels and steps for your first steps. You can always add more steps later. A Triggered pipeline is started by a specific event in real-time. A Scheduled pipeline will start according to a schedule. A Manual pipeline only starts manually. Once you've completed the wizard, you'll be prompted for connection detail, if necessary. If you are an experienced builder, click the Start from scratch button and then from the right side of the page, choose the All to list all available channels.
- Expand Google Drive and click Connect to Google Docs.
- Review the permissions that Pipelines will receive once connected. Your permissions are based on your existing Google account. You can select specific permissions or allow all the options. Google Drive permissions are required. When finished click Connect to Google Drive.
Note: Depending on the permissions granted, integration and functionality will be affected.
- You may need to sign in with your Google credentials. This is required to set up the connection between Google Drive and Pipelines.
- Agree to allow Pipelines access to your Google account by clicking Allow.
How to reconnect the Google Drive channel
You may need to reconnect your account to a channel. Reasons may be (but not limited to):
If you need to connect a different account.
Authorization updates, such as a changed password.
Editing the access rights that Pipelines has to the channel.
- Select a pipeline that already has Google Drive in it.
- Open a step containing Google Drive.
- Under account, select Connect (or reconnect) and follow the process above, How to connect.
The steps you can use with Google Drive are: Folders, Files, and Permissions.
|Trigger||Folder Created||Triggers when a folder is created.|
|Trigger||Folder Updated||Triggers when a folder is updated.|
|Action||Create a folder||Creates a folder.|
|Action||Update a folder||Updates a folder.|
|Action||Delete a folder||Deletes a folder.|
|Query||Search Folders||Searches for a folder.|
|Action||Fetch a Linked Folder||Retrieves a linked folder.|
|Action||Look Up a Folder||Searches for a folder.|
|Trigger||File Created||Triggers when a file is created.|
|Trigger||File Updated||Triggers when a file is updated.|
|Trigger||File Deleted||Triggers when a file is deleted.|
|Action||Update a File||Updates a file.|
|Action||Delete a File||Deletes a file.|
|Action||Move File to Folder||Moves a file to a specific folder.|
|Action||Remove File from folder||Removes a file from a specific folder.|
|Action||Upload a File||
Uploads a file.
Searches for a file.
|Action||Fetch a linked File||Retrieves a linked file.|
|Action||Look Up a File||
Searches for a file.
|Action||Create a Permission||Creates a permission.|
|Action||Delete a Permission||Deletes a permission.|
|Query||Search Permissions||Searches for a permission.|
|Action||Look Up a Permission||Looks up a permission.|
You should limit your uploads to 30MB per file.
Examples of usage
The following is an example of a use of Google Drive in Pipelines.
Employee onboarding and user provisioning
A new employee record, created in our Quickbase app, triggers the creation of a new permissionsd for the new user in Google Drive.
A new employee's information is added in our Quickbase HR app.
Our pipeline, triggered by this addition, creates a permission in Google Drive using this data.