Box is a cloud content management and file sharing service for businesses.
See the Channel Catalog to see which Plans have access to this channel.
Please note that terms used in the Box channel categories are Box specific terminology.
How to Connect
- On the My pipelines page, click Create Pipelines.
- Search for the first step for your new pipeline. You can always add more steps later.
- To use the legacy builder, click the Pipeline Designer toggle to use the legacy version of the pipeline builder.
For more information about connections, see How to connect to a channel.
Connect to Box
- Expand Box in the list of channels and click Connect to Box.
- In the pop-up window, click Connect to Box.
- Sign in with your Box credentials and click Authorize.
- Click Grant access to Box.
How to reconnect
You may need to reconnect your account to a channel. Reasons may be (but not limited to):
- If you need to connect a different account.
- Authorization updates, such as a changed password.
- Editing the access rights that Pipelines has to the channel.
- Select a pipeline that already has this channel in it.
- Open a step that contains this channel.
- Under account, select Connect (or reconnect) and follow the process above, How to connect.
The steps you can use with Box fall into two categories: Folders and Files.
Note: You cannot use jinja expressions in trigger conditions unless explicitly specified as possible.
|Trigger||Folder Created||Triggers when a new folder is created in the selected account.|
|Trigger||Folder Modified||Triggers when a folder is modified in the selected account.|
|Trigger||Folder Trashed||Triggers when a folder is trashed in the selected account.|
|Action||Create Folder||Creates a new folder. A parent folder should be looked up in a previous step.|
|Action||Create Folder In||Creates a new folder in the target folder path. If the target is not available, folder will be created in the root directory (All Files/).|
|Action||Create Shared Link||Creates a shared link to a selected folder.|
|Action||Update or Move Folder||Update a selected folder. You can use this to rename or move a folder. The folder should be looked up in a previous step.|
|Action||Delete Folder||Delete a folder.|
|Action||Delete Folder (Recursive)||Delete a folder that is not empty by recursively deleting the folder and all of its content. The folder should be looked up in a previous step.|
|Action||Copy Folder||Copy a folder|
|Query||Search Folders||Searches for folders in the selected account and returns a list.|
|Query||Fetch a Linked Folder||Fetches a linked folder based on specific criteria.|
|Action||Look Up Folder||
Looks for a folder based on search criteria and returns a single result.
Note: When using a path for your query, use everything after the /folder section of the Box URL.
It may take up to 10 minutes for this action to discover newly created Box folders.
|Trigger||File Uploaded||Initiates the pipeline when a new file is uploaded to Box.|
|Trigger||File Modified||Initiates the pipeline when a file has been modified.|
|Trigger||File Trashed||Triggers when a file is trashed in the selected account.|
|Action||Upload File||Uploads a file to Box.|
|Action||Upload File In||Uploads a file to a selected Box folder.|
|Action||Create Shared Link||Creates a shared link to a selected file.|
|Action||Update or Move File||
Update a selected file. You can use this to rename or move a file. The file should be looked up in a previous step.
|Action||Delete File||Deletes a file in the selected account.|
|Action||Copy File||Creates a copy of a file. It doesn't change the original file. The file should be looked up in a previous step.|
|Query||Search Files||Returns a list of files based on search criteria.|
|Action||Fetch a Linked File||Fetches a linked file based on specific criteria.|
|Action||Look Up a File||Looks for a file based on search criteria and returns a single result.|
In the Box channel you can upload files up to 100 MB.
Here are some use case examples to help you understand how to use the Box channel.
In this case, you'd like to upload a csv file from Box and add it to a table in Quickbase.
- Add a Box Lookup File action to locate your csv file.
- Then add a Quickbase Import CSV step. Import with CSV will import data from a given CSV resource into a specified table in Quickbase. See About Import with CSV in the Quickbase Channel for more information.