Box is a cloud content management and file sharing service for businesses.
Please note that terms used in the Box channel categories are Box specific terminology.
- On the My pipelines page, click Create pipelines. Enter name, description, and tag fields and click the Create Pipelines button. The pipelines wizard displays:
- From the wizard you choose the connections for the first steps of your pipeline. When you choose a type, you'll add the channels and steps for your first steps. You can always add more steps later. A Triggered pipeline is started by a specific event in real-time. A Scheduled pipeline will start according to a schedule. A Manual pipeline only starts manually. Once you've completed the wizard, you'll be prompted for connection detail, if necessary. If you are an experienced builder, click the Start from scratch button and then from the right side of the page, choose the All to list all available channels.
- Expand Box in the list of channels and click Connect to Box.
- In the pop-up window, click Connect to Box.
- Sign in with your Box credentials and click Authorize.
- Click Grant access to Box.
How to reconnect the Box channel
You may need to reconnect your account to a channel. Reasons may be (but not limited to):
If you need to connect a different account.
Authorization updates, such as a changed password.
Editing the access rights that Pipelines has to the channel.
- Select a pipeline that already has Box in it.
- Open a step containing Box.
- Under account, select Connect (or reconnect) and follow the process above, How to connect.
The steps you can use with Box fall into two categories: Folders and Files.
Note: You cannot use jinja expressions in trigger conditions unless explicitly specified as possible.
|Trigger||Folder Created||Triggers when a new folder is created in the selected account.|
|Trigger||Folder Modified||Triggers when a folder is modified in the selected account.|
|Trigger||Folder Trashed||Triggers when a folder is trashed in the selected account.|
|Action||Create Folder||Creates a new folder. A parent folder should be looked up in a previous step.|
|Action||Create Folder In||Creates a new folder in the target folder path. If the target is not available, folder will be created in the root directory (All Files/).|
|Action||Delete Folder||Delete a folder.|
|Query||Search Folders||Searches for folders in the selected account and returns a list.|
|Action||Look Up Folder||
Looks for a folder based on search criteria and returns a single result.
Note: When using a path for your query, use everything after the /folder section of the Box URL.
It may take up to 10 minutes for this action to discover newly created Box folders.
|Trigger||File Uploaded||Initiates the pipeline when a new file is uploaded to Box.|
|Trigger||File Modified||Initiates the pipeline when a file has been modified.|
|Trigger||File Trashed||Triggers when a file is trashed in the selected account.|
|Action||Upload File||Uploads a file to Box.|
|Action||Delete File||Deletes a file in the selected account.|
|Query||Search Files||Returns a list of files based on search criteria.|
|Action||Fetch a Linked File||Fetches a file based on specific criteria.|
In the Box channel you can upload files up to 32 MB.
Here are some use case examples to help you understand how to use the Box channel.
In this case, you'd like to upload a csv file from Box and add it to a table in Quickbase.
- Add a Box Lookup File action to locate your csv file.
- Then add a Quickbase Import CSV step. Import with CSV will import data from a given CSV resource into a specified table in Quickbase. See About Import with CSV in the Quickbase Channel for more information.