Beta Please note that the feature is in beta, and that it is still undergoing testing before its general availability.
In the pipeline builder you can both insert and re-order steps. To accomplish this, steps are no longer lettered in order (A, B, C, etc.) The new form is static – it doesn’t change or move when you make changes in the Pipeline structure. It is also contextual to the step it originates from, so a step will be named: channel_step_1, for example:
- channel_step_ 1
For example, this pipeline has four steps:
Switching to the new style
Here's how you can switch between styles:
Click on the New Style toggle to switch between styles:
The new style will affect both old and new builders:
- The new format will affect only future pipelines and won’t migrate pre-existing pipelines.
- The automation migration tool migrates your automations with new style
- If you open an existing pipeline and add a step to it, it will be saved in the new format.
- If you import a YAML file that uses the old format, if imported after the change will still be functional.
- If you export a YAML file that uses the new format, it will only work for those users who are also on the Beta.
The other aspects of the pipeline building will remain the same (adding steps, referencing, running pipelines).