|Before you start using the Gmail channel, you will need to update the allowlist to allow connectivity in the Quickbase Pipelines Gmail Connector app for your Google Workspace account. See Setting up a Quickbase Pipelines Gmail connector to get started.|
Gmail is an email service provided by Google.
How to Connect
- On the My pipelines page, click Create a pipeline. Enter name, description, and tag fields and click the Create Pipelines button. The pipelines wizard displays:
- From the wizard you choose the connections for the first steps of your pipeline. When you choose a type, you'll add the channels and steps for your first steps. You can always add more steps later. A Triggered pipeline is started by a specific event in real-time. A Scheduled pipeline will start according to a schedule. A Manual pipeline only starts manually. Once you've completed the wizard, you'll be prompted for connection detail, if necessary. If you are an experienced builder, click the Start from scratch button, and then from the right side of the page, choose the All to list all available channels.
- Expand Gmail and click Connect to Gmail.
- Review the permissions that Pipelines will receive once connected. Your permissions are based on your existing Google account. You can select specific permissions or allow all the options. Gmail permissions are required. When finished click Connect to Gmail.
You may need to sign in with your Google credentials. This is required to set up the connection between Gmail and Pipelines.
- Agree to allow Pipelines access to your Google account by clicking Allow.
Note: Depending on the permissions granted, integration and functionality will be affected.
How to reconnect the Gmail channel
- Select a pipeline that already has Gmail in it.
- Open a step containing Gmail.
- Under account, select Connect (or reconnect) and follow the process above, How to connect.
The steps you can use with Gmail fall under three categories: Messages, Attachments, and Labels
Note: You cannot use jinja expressions in trigger conditions unless explicitly specified as possible.
|Trigger||Message Received||Triggers when a new message arrives.||Read or Modify|
|Trigger||Specific Label Added||Triggers when a specific label is added.||Read or Modify|
|Trigger||Specific Label Removed||Triggers when a specific label is removed.||Read or Modify|
|Trigger||Any Label Added||Triggers when any label is added.||Read or Modify|
|Trigger||Starred||Triggered when a message is starred.||Read or Modify|
|Trigger||Unstarred||Triggered when a message is unstarred.||Read or Modify|
|Trigger||Remove from Trash||Triggered when a message is removed from the Trash.||Read or Modify|
|Trigger||Put in Trash||Triggered when a message is put in the Trash.||Read or Modify|
|Trigger||Read||Triggered when a message is read or marked as read.||Read or Modify|
|Action||Send an Email||Sends an email, including optional attachment.||Modify or Compose|
|Action||Compose a Draft||Creates a draft of an email.||Modify or Compose|
|Action||Reply||Replies to a message.||Modify or Compose|
|Action||Star||Stars a message.||Modify|
|Action||Unstar||Unstars a message.||Modify|
|Action||Mark as Read||Marks a message as read.||Modify|
|Action||Mark as Unread||Marks a message as unread.||Modify|
|Action||Add Label||Adds a label to a message.||Modify|
|Action||Remove Label||Removes a label from a message.||Modify|
|Action||Archive||Archives a message.||Modify|
|Action||Unarchive||Unarchives a message||Modify|
|Action||Move||Moves a message.||Modify|
|Action||Report||Reports a message as spam.||Modify|
|Action||Trash||Moves a message to Trash.||Modify|
|Action||Remove from Trash||Removes a message from the Trash.||Modify|
|Query||Search Messages||Finds all the matches to your search term and returns a list.||Read or Modify|
|Action||Fetch a Linked Message||Fetches a linked message.||Read or Modify|
|Action||Look Up Message||Searches for a message based on your query parameters, such as message ID.||Read or Modify|
Searches for an attachment based on your query parameters, such as message ID.
Read or Modify
|Action||Create a Label||Creates a new label.||Modify|
Based on Google's updated security policies, Gmail Connector can only be used by paid G Suite account. To use it request your Google Workspace admin to whitelist the Quickbase Pipelines Gmail Connector app before connecting your Gmail account to Pipelines. For more information on how to whitelist the Quickbase Pipelines Gmail Connector app, check out this page.