If you want to transfer a pipeline from one owner to another, follow these steps.
Note: This process won’t work for pipelines if your Quickbase apps have different field and table schemas.
Part 1: Collect the pipeline to be transferred in the form of a YAML file
If you're the current pipeline owner, or realm admin who has selected Switch to User:
- Navigate to My Pipelines page
- In the pipeline list, find the pipeline to be transferred, select the vertical ellipsis, and then Export
- Click Download YAML, which creates a .yaml file
- Provide the .yaml file to the new pipeline owner, or a realm admin who will use Switch to User to access the new pipeline owner.
Note: A realm admin can’t use Switch to User to select another realm admin. You’ll receive the message, “This is a special Quickbase user admin. You cannot impersonate this person.”
Part 2: New pipeline owner identifies channels, ensures access, then collects and prepares all the pipeline slug and credential info
- Open the YAML file from Part 1 in a text editor to identify which channels and/or Quickbase apps are needed for the pipeline.
- For all Quickbase channel steps, navigate to My Preferences > Manage User Tokens link, and then find, create, or update the token for the Quickbase app(s) to be used. For more info, read the Manage User Tokens help article.
- Collect the "slug" information for the channels used in the pipeline. If the channel hasn’t already been connected through a previous pipeline by you, see next step.
Navigate to Pipelines > click your name > and select My preferences from the drop-down. Under the Accounts tab, you’ll find slugs.
- For non-Quickbase Channels not yet created, create an empty pipeline by doing the following so you can have your channels connected and ready for the imported file:
- Navigate to My Pipelines
- Click Create Pipeline
- Click the next Create Pipeline button.
- Click Start from Scratch
- Click on the non Quickbase channels one at a time and enter your credentials to create one step pipelines for each channel.
- Export this pipeline by navigating back to My Pipelines, find the pipeline, select the vertical ellipsis and Export.
- Open the .yaml in a plain text editor and copy/paste the slug information into the next step, which is importing the pipeline.
For Quickbase Channels, collect the Quickbase app and table IDs (DBID). Collect from here:
- Navigate to the app
- Click the Settings icon
- Click App Management
- Click Show support information
Part 3: The new pipeline owner imports the .yaml file provided in Part 1.
- Navigate to My Pipelines and click the down chevron for Create Pipeline to select Import Pipeline.
- You’ll now see the Import pipeline dialog box
- Skip Name & Description because these are located in the .yaml file being imported. Optionally enter tags now or later. (Tags aren’t in the YAML.)
- Click the Choose a YAML file button
- Navigate to the location of the .yaml file provided to you and for which you’ll assume ownership. You’ll now see the yaml editor. (black box)
- Click into the black editor area and begin to replace every instance of an account slug by copying/pasting from above step where you collected and paste into editor. See below for where you can find the info you need to replace in the YAML editor.
If the pipeline is being replicated in a new app, the table name and table IDs will have to be updated.
- Click Import Pipeline. You’ll be brought into the Pipeline visual builder.
You are done importing and can click Run to activate the pipeline when ready.
For another way to read about importing a YAML file, view the Importing YAML use cases help article.