Before you install the Pipelines Agent Client, check your permissions and access.
Permissions and access
Before you begin this process, make sure your network allows:
- DNS lookups to hosts 'agents.pipelines.quickbase.com' and 'www.pipelines.quickbase.com'
- outbound TCP connections to TCP port 5555 for 'agents.pipelines.quickbase.com' protocol CurveZMQ
- regular HTTPS on port 443 for 'www.pipelines.quickbase.com'
To achieve this, you will need to enable outgoing connections to Cloudflare IPs. For a full list of IP ranges, see: IP Ranges | Cloudflare
Contact your IT group to verify you have the correct Windows privileges. You will need this access to get started:
- Write access to Windows Temp directory for the Agent Client installation files
- Admin access to Windows to be able to perform the installation
We recommend using a separate Quickbase user dedicated to connect to the On-Premises agent.
Starting the Agent installation process
You enable the Agent by opening Pipelines > My Preferences >Agent tab. Click the Agent on toggle.
Follow the instructions on the Agent tab. When you enable the agent three steps display:
- Step 1: Download agent — This step has a link to download the agent on your machine. When you click on Click to download, the download begins. To copy the link to install on another device, click Copy link.
- Step 2: Configure and start agent — This step turns on the agent and provides the settings you will need during the installation process of the agent on your machine. Note: If you turn off the agent, these settings refresh.
- Step 3: Verify status — This step checks to see if the agent is running successfully or not. If the status is successful, you receive detailed data about your connection to the Agent.
What is bundled in the agent installer?
Your installation download, the MSI file, contains these files:
- Windows Service -
QuickbasePipelinesAgentService.exeThis is a windows background service, which runs the agent and is for production use.
- Interactive application -
QuickbasePipelinesAgentInteractive.exeThis provides a way to run the agent for debugging purposes.
- Open source software used by the agent
Follow these steps to install Pipelines Agent Client.
- From Windows start the installer by double clicking on the file you downloaded from the Agent tab. The welcome screen displays:
- Enter the API Token and Host and click Next. You can copy these from the Agent tab.
- Click the check box to accept the End-User License Agreement and click Next.
- Choose where to install the Quickbase Pipelines Agent Client. Either enter the destination path manually or click the “Change” button to select a different location. Click Next to continue.
- Click Install to begin the installation of the Quickbase Pipelines Agent. It will be started as a Windows Service (In Automatic mode). You may be prompted by Windows. Click Yes and the installation will begin.
- When the installation finishes, this window displays. Click Finish and the installer closes.
- When the installation is finished, you can return to the Agent tab to check if the Quickbase Pipelines Agent is connected successfully:
When the Quickbase Pipelines Agent Client is already installed and you need to repair or remove the installation, double click on the file you downloaded from the Agent tab. and these options display:
When you click Repair, you repeat the installation again. You will be prompted to supply the API token and host. The installer will reinstall the Quickbase Pipelines Agent Client with any changes you have made.
When you click Remove, you can completely delete the Quickbase Pipelines Agent. The Windows Service will be stopped and removed. All the installed files will be deleted.
You may be prompted to restart.