Access to this feature can change based on your Quickbase plan. Learn more about feature availability and plans in Quickbase Plans and Pricing.
Note: This feature only is available to realms that have one account. The connections can only be setup by realm admins. You can only use a total of three data tables once across a realm.
You can create a connected table to access data about your realm's users and apps from the Quickbase Admin Console. You can also add access information (users to apps), which will allow you to create a relationship between the users and apps data sources so you can create reports on which apps users have access to.
Note: Date/Time connected fields, for example, App Create Date for Apps and Last Access for Users, use UTC (Coordinated Universal Time).
Bring the data you want into your app and refresh it based on a schedule you set, or any time, on-demand.
To connect to the Quickbase Admin Console:
Open the app that you want to connect to and make note of the following:
User Token: This layer of security is required. The user token being used here must be that of a realm admin in the target URL (see below).
Quickbase URL: Locate the Quickbase URL in the browser. For example, https://yourcompanyname.quickbase.com.
Enter your user token or create a user token in My Preferences and use that for the input for user token.
Create your connected table and select one of the following connectors:
- Access, which allows you to bring in both users and apps information so you can report on which apps users have access to
See Adding a connected table to your app or click the Help icon in the top right while creating your table.
View, test, or delete your connections
To view details about your connection and test, change, or delete connections, click the user dropdown on the Global bar, then click My preferences. Your connections display in the My Connections area.
View connected table details and history
To view Details about your connected table, including the connected service, connection owner, connected fields, filter, and schedule for the connected table, access the connection in Table Settings. You can also view a History of recent refreshes, and edit the connection filter, refresh schedule, or switch to use a different connection, if necessary.
Calculations used in displays
Any conversions of the bytes in a connected field need to use base 2 (binary, 1024) and not base 10 (decimal, 1000).
- There is a limit of 3 Admin Console connected tables per realm.
- There is a limit of 750,000 records for the Access connector.
- Connected tables using the Access connector cannot be synced hourly.
- Deactivated users will not be included in any results of the Admin Console sources. Denied users will not be included in the Access source.
- Through a connection, Quickbase fields are simplified as needed to fit these types: Text, Numeric, Date, Time, Checkbox, and Address. See About connected fields.
- You can only have three connected tables for Admin Console. If the options do not appear, you may have reached the maximum number of connected tables for your account.