You can add a block of text to your form using a rich-text component. Rich text components allow you to add non-editable text to a form to display to your end users. Rich-text components are customizable and there are many ways you can utilize the component for your end users needs. For example, you can use a rich-text component to add detailed instructions for completing the form like scheduling guidelines for assistants. Use a rich-text component to inform new patients about the documentation they’ll need to complete their new patient paperwork or add recall information on a construction material inventory form.
Add a rich-text component to your form
To add a rich-text component to your form:
- Select Click to add here in your desired column or hover between two existing rows of elements on the form builder canvas
- Select the rich text component from the form element menu to add it to your form.
When you add your rich-text component it will be in edit mode and ready for you to start adding your text. The rich-text component settings menu will always stay open when you're editing your rich-text component.
Customize a rich-text component
You can customize your rich-text component in the rich-text component settings menu.
- Choose one or more options to display your rich-text component when users edit, view, and add records.
- Add background color to your rich-text component by turning on Background color.
- Select a color from the palette or add a hex code to the field provided.
- Select auto width to adjust the width of your rich-text component automatically based on the width of the column or set a fixed width.
Edit your rich-text component
Select edit inside the rich-text component to start editing your text.
Rich-text component editing options
- Text styles. You can choose different text styles to change the size and weight of your text. Choose from Paragraph, Heading 1, Heading 2, or Heading 3.
- Emphasis. Add emphasis to your text using bold, italics, or underline options.
- Strikethrough. Strikethrough adds a line through the text you select.
- Text alignment. Align your text to the left, right, center, or justified using the text alignment dropdown.
- Code. Format your selected text as a code block using the code option.
- Subscript and superscript. Format your selected text as subscript to display smaller text beneath the text line or as superscript to display smaller text above the text line.
- Link. Add a URL link to text in your rich-text component using the link option. Select the text you’d like to add a link to and use the code icon to open the link URL field. Add your desired link and select the checkmark to confirm.
- Bulleted and numbered lists. Add a bulleted or numbered list to your rich-text component by using the bulleted and numbered list options.
- Horizontal line. Separate text into sections in your rich-text component with horizontal lines. The horizontal line option adds a thin black line at your cursor. Add as many horizontal lines as you like to your rich- text component.
- Block quote. Format your selected text as a block quote using the block quote option. Block quote shifts the selected text to the right and adds a vertical accent to highlight the selection.
- Insert table. Insert a table in your rich-text component up to 10 columns by 10 rows wide. When you add a table to your rich-text component, you’ll see a new table menu that will allow you to configure table columns, rows, and cells, and make changes to table properties.
- Font color. Add color to your text using the Font color option. You can choose a color from the color palette or use the Remove color tool to return text to the default black color.
- Font background color. Add a background color to highlight your selected text. You can choose a color from the color palette or use the Remove color tool to return the text background color to default clear.
Note: Font background color is different from the rich-text component form element background color. The font background color will be layered over the rich-text form element background color.
Confirm your rich-text component changes
When you’re ready to confirm the changes you’ve made to your rich-text component, select Done to close the rich-text component editor. You can open the editor again by selecting Edit. You will need to save your form to save your rich-text component and the changes you have made in the rich-text component editor.